I’ve spent a fair amount of time browsing the web looking for a good protein pancake recipe. There were some really delicious sounding ones out there, but typically I didn’t have all of the ingredients!
So I’ve taken some inspiration from a few of these recipes and created my own. And they were bloody gorgeous!!
- 20g coconut flour (not because I’m following some silly diet, but because I like the taste!)
- 10g protein powder (I used chocolate flavour)
- 10g flaxseed
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4tsp vanilla extract
- 30ml skimmed milk
The numbers: 272kcal, 33g protein, 10g carbs, 9g fat
- 70g fat free Greek yoghurt
- 10g vanilla protein powder
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl
- Add the wet ingredients a little at a time until the mixture is smooth
- Add a little coconut oil to a frying pan, and cook the pancakes as you would any other pancake!
- Meanwhile, mix the vanilla protein powder with the Greek yoghurt to make the vanilla “cream”
- Once your pancakes are done, stack them with the “cream” and fruit in between each layer
Now I can’t claim that these are perfect but they were bloody lovely. Next time, I might add a bit more protein powder and milk to the mixture to give it a bit more depth.
If you try these, let me know how they go, especially if you make them even better 🙂