I love a good omelette. All that eggy goodness with infinite possibilities for fillings (although I usually always end up with some variation on the ham and tomato combo), which, considering how simple and effortless they are, they really keep you full for AGES!
As you know, I’ve been really into my pancakes recently, but they’re becoming a bit last week, so I scratched my head last night and tried to think of something different to have for breakfast (too hot for porridge, muesli’s a bit safe…) that’s full of protein and will satisfy my early morning sweet tooth.
So I thought, what the hell. I’m going to chuck a load of sweet (but good for you!) ingredients together with some eggs and make a sweet omelette.
So here you have it. My sweet omelette. Sweet!
- 50g egg white
- 1 whole egg
- 10g vanilla protein powder
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- 50g frozen blueberries
- 62g mashed banana
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 10g whole almonds (but bash them about a bit with a rolling pin or a pestle and mortar)
The numbers: 302kcal, 27g protein, 23g carbs, 11g fat
- 60g strawberries to go on top
- Whisk the egg whites and the whole egg in a bowl until lovely and fluffy
- Add the protein powder and yoghurt, and mix until smooth
- Chuck everything else in and mix thoroughly
- Pour into a frying pan. Once the edges start to firm up, pull away from the edge of the pan with a spatula and allow the runny stuff to fill the gap
- I like to “soufflé” my omelettes a bit, so at this point I put it under the grill. This way, the top definitely firms up (I can’t stand undercooked eggs!!)
- Once it’s browned off a bit (and doesn’t look in the least bit runny!), shuffle it out onto a plate
- Top with strawberries
- Tuck in and feel full forever*
* DISCLAIMER: you won’t feel full forever! But it should keep you going for a few hours!